Peak Under Pressure
You’re a talented athlete but you’re not getting the results you want. Deep down, you know you could be better.
But, something is holding you back. Something you can’t quite put your finger on…
- You train long and hard yet you struggle to perform consistently when the pressure’s on.
- You look confident on the outside but the inside doesn’t match up – deep down you doubt yourself.
- You beat yourself up when your performance is less than perfect, which only makes things worse.
- You’re a talented athlete, yet there is still an intense fear of making a mistake.
- You like to compete but sometimes feelings of stress prevent you from performing your best.
- You love your sport, but sometimes it’s not even fun anymore and you don’t know why.
What Are You Missing?
A common misconception is that training harder is the only way to improve performance.
And my guess is, you work hard to get stronger, faster, better.
Physical training and skill development are absolutely necessary for top performance.
But, here’s the thing…they’re not sufficient.
Could it be that a part of your training program is still missing – an important part that is often overlooked?
If you’re training hard and you’re still not getting the results you want…
maybe it’s not your talent and physical training that’s holding you back.
Maybe, you just didn’t know there was a missing piece to the puzzle.
What would it be like to…
- overcome the mental challenges of an elite student-athlete?
- compete with confidence knowing you have what it takes?
- enjoy the stress of competition?
What would it be like to be the one who performs under pressure when the game is on the line?
Train Your Mind – Peak Under Pressure
Sports psychologists tell us, fundamentally, there are only three things you can train to improve performance:
- You can train your body.
- You can train your skills.
- And you can train your mind – the mental and emotional part of your game.
Many athletes are very good at training the physical aspects of their sport but overlook training the mind which sports psychologists say has the most impact on performance.
Mental and Emotional Training is often the missing piece to the performance puzzle.
How are you training your mind for peak performance?
The Winner Will
Peak Under Pressure
The Peak Under Pressure online course helps you train your whole self – emphasizing the mental and emotional part of your game.
You will learn how to:
- compete with confidence and perform under pressure.
- create your Personal Profile so that you can uncover your strengths and increase your self-awareness.
- expose the obstacles that impede your performance so that you can get to the bottom of what is holding you back.
- overcome the fear of making mistakes so that you can actually enjoy the challenge of competition.
- deal with stress in competition so that you can be the one to get the job done.
- implement the specific strategies so that you can remove your obstacles.
- put yourself in a position to be a champion.
When you register for the Peak Under Pressure online course, you will get:
- immediate access to the 6 modules, 62 video sessions, and over 7 hours of instruction and training.
- your own ‘Personal Profile’ – How are you smart? How do you learn? And…how do you express yourself?
- to work through the course at your own pace and revisit the content as often as you like.
- your own Training Guidebook to record your progress…a blueprint of who you are and who you are becoming.
- access to (2) Monthly Office Hours Q & A where you can ask questions and get additional support.
- access to the exclusive Facebook Community where you will interact with other Winner Will student-athletes.
- Confidence – defined
- How to build your confidence
- Create your Personal Profile
- How am I smart?
- How do I learn?
- How do I express myself?
- Your Personal Characteristics – who you are and who you are becoming
- Obstacles defined
- The Winner Will Model – Body/Soul/Spirit
- Expose Your Physical Obstacles:
- Physical Training
- Physical Stress
- Strategies to Deal with your Physical Obstacles
- Expose the Obstacles of the Soul:
- Your Will
- Your Emotions
- Your Mind
Restore the Dominant Thought
- What you think matters to your performance
- Understand the power you have to change the thought, change the feeling
Know the Three Rules
- The Three Rules relieve you from the burden of self.
- Understand ‘Ego’ and how you can manage it for your peak performance
Manage Your Stress
- What is Stress?
- Real Stress vs. Perceived Stress
- How Does Stress Impact Your Ability to Perform Under Pressure?
- How Does Stress Show Up in Your Body and Your Soul?
- How to Manage Your Stress and Make it Work For You
Understand the Power of Momentum
- What is Momentum?
- How Do You Get It?
- How Do You Keep It?
- How to Avoid the Most Common Mistakes That Give it Away
Visualize the Corridor
- Eliminate Excuses and Distractors From Getting What You Want
Make True Connections
- The Relationships in Your Life Affect Your Ability to Perform
- How to Develop and Sustain Meaningful, True Connections With Others and Why That Matters to Your Performance in Sport, School and Life
Transform Your Performance
You’re a talented athlete. You possess the physical and technical skills necessary to perform at a higher level, yet something is holding you back.
Don’t waste another practice, another competition or another season being disappointed with your performance and not reaching your full potential.
Take control of your performance now and become the one who can perform under pressure.
Invest in your mental and emotional training now.
What others are saying about Peak Under Pressure
Parent – Dr. Jo Ann Johnson – Volleyball Athlete
“Gisele has not only inspired my daughter to reach her potential as a varsity volleyball athlete, but to translate the principles of The Winner Will – Peak Under Pressure course into her day-to-day life. These strategies have given her the confidence to be the best student-athlete she can be, to understand the rewards of perseverance and hard work, and to believe.”
Athlete – Cait Larrigan –
“Many people underestimate the importance of the mental aspect of sport. I know I did. However, after completing The Winner Will – Peak Under Pressure online course and working with Gisele, that opinion has completely changed. By acknowledging my mental and emotional obstacles and using the strategies from the course, I am able to perform at my best, even in pressure situations.”
Coach – Boyd Wakelin – Hockey – Bantam AA Boys
“The Winner Will has provided my student-athletes with tools to overcome obstacles and enhance peak performance in competition and in the classroom. A lasting memory of mine came from a meeting with a 13 year old player in regards to the Peak Under Pressure Course. He said, ‘Coach, this work is great. It’s not only going to help me in hockey, but in everyday life as well!”
The Winner Will helps elite student-athletes peak under pressure in sport, school and life.
We care about you as a whole person. That’s why when you register for Peak Under Pressure you will receive the Bonus Module – The Winner Will for Students.
This bonus module is worth the value of your investment. It will help you apply The Winner Will 3-step process to your academic life, so you can learn how to:
- become more self-aware of your strengths and weaknesses in the school system.
- overcome obstacles in your learning.
- perform better on tests and exams.
- increase your GPA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do I need to work on my mental and emotional stuff, I just want to compete - isn’t this just psychological ‘blah-blah-blah’ that you’re talking about here?
Yeah – I know what you mean…many athletes feel the same way.
I felt that way when I was starting out and all I wanted to do was hit the ball.
I didn’t want to talk about or listen to anything…all I wanted to do was play.
Another question related to this is that I get…
“I’m already good…I’m already the best on my team…I’m being scouted and recruited…is this mental/emotional training stuff even necessary?
If you find yourself asking this question…you’re not alone.
But let me tell you something. Being a winner is not just a physical activity.
And if you’re not aware of what’s going on for you as a whole person…
the physical, mental and emotional; if you’re not training beneath the surface,
I’ll predict that your performance will plateau or at the very least you limit yourself on how far you can go in your sport and it will be difficult for you to reach your full potential.
Listen to what U of Alberta Champion head coach, Laurie Eisler says:
“Winners are never satisfied. They are always finding ways to improve their game; they realize that it is a process. Winners are not defined by what they have done lately and they know the challenges will always increase the higher the level that they play.”
You might be excelling at your current level but that doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll excel at the next level.
To answer this question – not only is this training necessary, it’s absolutely imperative!
What if I do well in practice but when it comes to the competition, I get stressed out and can’t perform?
I would say this is probably the #1 frustration or concern from athletes, parents and coaches. And it’s a great question. Why is it that some athletes are really good at practice but when it comes to competition and the competitive environment, they fall flat?
Well, very often we find that there’s a mental or emotional obstacle that’s keeping you from playing your best when your best is needed. People often come to me looking for the solution with the assumption that there’s one answer – some quick fix that works for everyone.
But in reality, there could be many specific reasons why athletes perform well in practice but can’t perform under pressure in competition, especially in the heat of competition.
But here’s the thing, the answer to why this happens can be different for everyone.
The reason and therefore the solution is not ‘one size fits all’.
In other words, there are many obstacles that can prevent you from performing well under pressure. It could be ‘not knowing’ how to manage your stress or perhaps you lack confidence in your abilities. Perhaps you’re not aware of how your thinking affects your performance. Maybe you’re distracted by someone in the bleachers, say a scout, a parent, a boyfriend or girlfriend or the fans.
Consider working on your mental and emotional part of the game to find out what your specific obstacles are so that you can apply the correct strategy to get into the solution and actually overcome the obstacles.
When you do this training you will transform your performance in competition.
How do I fit all this in? I don’t know if I have time for all this. What about my schoolwork? Are you saying that practices and my physical training are less important?
No, let’s be very clear, that’s not what I’m saying! Your physical training and daily practices are very important. What I am saying is that, while your physical training is necessary, it’s not sufficient to get you where you want to be.
The mental and emotional training is in addition to, not instead of your physical training and practices.
I want to be clear on that!
And, remember, as a student-athlete, you’re a student first. So consider this your opportunity to learn time management skills. Learn how to set your priorities and
learn to figure out what unproductive activities need to be removed from your busy schedule.
You can do it!!
Ideally, it takes 4-6 weeks, however, you can work at your own pace and take longer to complete the course or complete it in less time – it is entirely up to you, whatever works best for you and your learning style and schedule.
You have access to the course content for life as long as The Winner Will is in existence.
Peak Under Pressure is for those who are intentional and willing to invest the time and work it takes to become the student-athlete you want to be. We’re confident this course will help you…but we want you to be sure you feel super comfortable with your decision. You have a full 30 days to do the work and dive in to see if Peak Under Pressure is right for you. If you determine that it isn’t, just let us know and we’ll gladly refund your money.
Hundreds of athletes who have gone through this process in the last ten years have experienced massive shifts in their athletic performance that, for many, have led to bright athletic futures. Many have gone on to compete at the university level and beyond. And not only that, the impact this program has on an athlete’s self-confidence and mindset has far-reaching effects in their lives and careers far beyond their time as a student-athlete.
“The kind of skills I developed from Peak Under Pressure were not only applicable in a sport context. They helped me handle pressures with school and life in general. Now stepping away from competitive sport, I continue to use the skills I learned through The Winner Will program in my everyday life and touch back on the course content often.” -Kacey Otto, Volleyball Athlete
“This program helped me understand what was preventing me from excelling and taught me how to take ownership over my training, preparation, and performance.” – Caity Buckell, Volleyball Athlete
“The Winner Will has helped me grow and instilled a level of confidence in myself that I never thought possible. My work with The Winner Will has supported me and challenged me as an athlete and person. My performance on the field has reached new heights because of the training I have done in the Peak Under Pressure course.” -Anna Dunn, Soccer Athlete
Meet Gisele Kreuger
Your Peak Under Pressure Performance coach
Gisele has 35+ years of experience in competitive sport as both an elite athlete and a coach. Gisele’s athletic accomplishments in volleyball include two-time university champion with the University of Saskatchewan Huskies, University Nationals MVP, NORCECA champion, and induction with her teammates into 6 Halls Of Fame including the Volleyball Canada Hall of Fame.
Gisele is no stranger to the physical, mental, and emotional rigor required to excel as an elite athlete. She draws on her experiences as a top athlete along with her background as a seasoned educator, high school guidance counselor and coach to help student-athletes radically transform their performance.
This Is Your Time
You decide to become the athlete you know you’re meant to be.
Overcome the obstacles that have been holding you back.
Since you’re reading this far, I imagine you’re a student-athlete who’s really sick of underperforming when the pressure’s on.
You know there’s more in you.
You have more potential
You have more to give.
You’re ready to learn how to break through the obstacles that have been holding you back.
If this is you…the Peak Under Pressure online course will help you train the mental/emotional side of your sport and to uncover your inner obstacles so that you can build the confidence and resilience you need to get to the level you want in your sport and in life!
Click the button below and start transforming your athletic experience now.
Still have questions? We’re here for you. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.